Most projects take the form of a fixed-price contract project
ranging from $1000 to $10,000.
Cost varies widely from project to project, based on these factors:
- Project scope: complexity and
estimated amount of work
- Urgency: "We need this by Friday morning."
- Uncertainty: fuzzy goals or requirements
Sometimes fixed-price contracts are followed up with
webmaster services for $100 - $500/month.
My base consulting rate is $150/hour.
Hourly contracts are
useful in several cases, including:
- Regular consultations (e.g. meeting for an hour every week)
- The work needs to be done immediately.
- The project isn't well-defined or has no clear finishing point.
Setting up consulting on retainer is a good way to reduce the hourly rate.
Different clients have different situations and needs;
I am open to creative price structuring (e.g. success fees, commissions, mixtures of payment types, etc.)